One of the blogs I follow is that of a young man who has compiled a list of 100 things to do before he Jumps the Hedge - my list is much shorter (less time available) and more modest but here are things I hope to achieve before my children decide to have me committed...I intend to record these achievements under this blog.
1. Run 5 different marathons: This used to be run a marathon but last year, when I sat down and gave this list some serious thought I signed up for my first marathon - 4th October 2009 I ran the Loch Ness Marathon and now I'm hooked.
Loch Ness - 4th October 2009 (5 hours 20 minutes)
Brighton - 18th April 2010 (4 hours 45 minutes)
2. Complete the Three Peaks: I don't think I could do this in the "Challenge" time of 24 hours but I would like to be able to say that I have climbed these mountains, when I lived in Cape Town I climbed Table Mountain every day - walking my dogs - and I really did enjoy that.
3. Watch Wales play at the Millenium Stadium: Self-explanatory.
13th August 2011 Wales vs England 19 - 9.
4. Re-enact this advert:
Margate - 22nd January 2011
5. Learn how to make Baked Alaska: This sounds a little dull and I'm not even sure how fashionable a Baked Alaska is as a dessert now-a-days but I STILL love it .
6. Walk or Run Hadrians Wall: This is a relatively new ambition but the more I read about it the keener I am to do it.
7. Walk from Lands End to John O'Groats: In 1977 I walked the coastline of Cornwall and this walk has been an ambition of mine since then.
8. Hand quilt a Quilt: Not the most exciting thing in the world but I would have such a tremendous sense of achievement completing one.
9. Learn how to Belly Dance: This was first said as a joke, when I walked past a place giving classes, but the more I think about it the more fun it seems.
10. Read every Booker Prize Winner: Time to educate myself!
Staying On - Paul Scott (Oct 2011)
Hotel Du lac - Anita Brookner (Dec 2011)