Sunday, 18 March 2012

10. Read Every Booker Prize Winner

Well I decided there had to be some sort of intellectual challenge stuck in here somewhere. I'm not writing reviews as such - that's all been dealt with on my main blog!

1977. Staying On - Paul Scott (read in October 2011) One of my favourite books ever. Well deserved winner!

1984. Hotel Du Lac - Anita Brookner (read in December 2011) An enjoyable read but I'm not sure if it should be a Booker Prize Winner.

1995. Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha - Roddy Doyle (read in May 2012)

2001. True History Of The Kelly Gang - Peter Carey (read in March 2012) Well written and interesting.

2002. The Life of Pi - Yann Martell (read in February 2013) A wonderful book - a little heavy going sometimes but I thouroughly enjoyed it.

2008. The White Tiger - Aravind Adigo (read in May 2012) What a great read. Another well deserved winner.

2009. Wolf Hall - Hillary Mantel (read in November 2012) Brilliant! It was a struggle to start with but a visit to the National Portrait Gallery bought the book to life and the second half was enthralling.

2011. The Sense of an Ending - Julian Barnes (read in April 2012) A very moving and absorbing book. Well deserved winner!

Winner of the LOST Booker Prize (awarded for a book written in 1970 - the rules for the prize giving changed that year which meant no novel written in 1970 could be nominated
2010. Troubles - J.G. Farrell (read in April 2012) A view of the Irish Struggle for Independence from a different angle.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh that's quite a challenge. I read Hotel Du Lac when it won the booker prize but can't really remember whether I enjoyed it or not, fairly sure I haven't read any other (will Google to see what the list is) How many more do you have to read? This is the sort of challenge I might try to emulate unlike the nude bathing :) Happy Mother's Day xxx

    ReplyDelete